General Contest Rules for KMYZ-FM Pigskin Pick‘em
1. ELIGIBILITY: KMYZ-FM “Pigskin Pick’em” online contest is open to legal U.S. residents of Oklahoma only. Weekly and grand prize winners must be at least 21 years of age or older to enter and win any and all prizes associated with this contest. Employees and agents of Shamrock Communications and their families, their advertising agencies or representatives are ineligible to enter contests on KMYZ-FM. Employees of other radio stations, TV stations, newspapers and other media outlets in the Tulsa Area and their immediate families are ineligible. Entrants of the KMYZ-FM “Pigskin Pick’em” are allowed to win the weekly giveaway prize ONCE during the length of this contest.
2. HOW TO PLAY: Contest valid from 9/4/12 - 12/31/12. Pick winning NFL teams from the games listed each week on the "Pigskin Pick'em" page on edgetulsa.com. The player who picks the most correct weekly NFL winners will win a "weekly winner" prize pack (worth at least $25). If the player with the highest weekly score has already won a weekly prize, they can NOT win/qualify again, and the player with the next highest score will win the weekly prize. In the event of a tie, if one of the players has already won a weekly prize, they can NOT win again. If neither player has already won a weekly prize, the player with the highest overall season record among those who tied for the week will win that week's prize. In case of a tie in the overall season record, the weekly winner will be chosen at random. One winner per week only. The player of the KMYZ-FM “Pigskin Pick ‘Em” with the best overall winning record (most wins) from all 17 weeks of NFL football games will also earn an entry into the grand prize drawing, if that person has already qualified, it will go to the person with the most correct picks that hasn't qualified yet. In the event of a tie, a random drawing will occur betweent the entrants that have tied. A total of 18 people will qualify for the grand prize. (17 weekly, 1 overall most picks correct). Each person may only qualify once.
3. GRAND PRIZE SELECTION & WINNER NOTIFICATION: On or around 1/4/13 a member of Shamrock Communications will randomly draw a winner from all eligible qualifiers. Potential winner will be notified by email to the email address provided at the time of entry. If winner is not reachable at the email address provided at time of entry and notification is unsuccessful or if winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will result in forfeiture. Winners have 30 days to claim prize from time of being notified or forfeit prize. Weekly winners will be contacted within 3 days of the weekly NFL schedule ending.
5. GENERAL TERMS: No substitution of prize will be offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted, and non-cash portions of the prize may not be redeemed for cash value (unless at the sole discretion of Sponsor). All prizes can be claimed within 30 days of winning at the KMYZ Studio located at 5810 E. Skelly Dr. Ste. 801 Tulsa, OK 74135 during normal business hours Monday- Friday from 8:30am - 5:30pm. All winners mut provide a valid issued Oklahoma State Photo ID to claim prize. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Grand Prize winner will be solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes on grand prize, valued at over $600. If applicable, winner may receive an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of the prize from KMYZ-FM. All other expenses on the receipt and use of the prize not specifically mentioned herein are solely the responsibility of the winner. Any portion of a prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited. Winner’s first initial, last name, hometown and state will be disclosed on Winner’s List which will be distributed upon request and as required by law. No groups, clubs or organizations may reproduce or distribute any portion of these Official Rules to its members. All entrants, as a condition of entry, agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of KMYZ-FM.
6. CONDITIONS: All entrants, as a condition of entry into the contest, agree to release Sponsor and Promotional Partners from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses of any kind to persons including death or property which may be sustained directly or indirectly with the receipt, ownership, use or misuse of any prize awarded, or while preparing for, participating in or traveling to or from any prize-related activity or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of any prize. The winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to their prize after it has been delivered. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: KMYZ-FM assumes no responsibility for a.) lost, illegible, late, misdirected, incomplete, mutilated, postage-due or non-delivered mail, entries or email; or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, garbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, or computer hardware or software or telephone malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information b.) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this contest; any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of the website. KMYZ-FM reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with entry process or operation of contest or website, to be acting in violation of the terms of the website or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person. KMYZ-FM is not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this contest or downloading or copying materials from or use of website. If, for any reason, contest, in the sole opinion of KMYZ-FM, is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which, in sole opinion of the KMYZ-FM, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend contest, and determine winner from Internet entries received prior to action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by KMYZ-FM. In case of dispute, authorized subscriber of email account used to enter at actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant, and must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account subscriber is deemed to be natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet Access Provider, on-line service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses. It is solely the responsibility of the entrant to notify KMYZ-FM in writing if the entrant changes his or her email address during the contest period. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, KMYZ-FM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Except where prohibited, by participating, you agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant(s) and KMYZ-FM, shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the state of Oklahoma without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction and that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
WINNER’S NAME: For the name of the Prize Winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: KMYZ-FM Pigskin Pick ‘Em Contest, 5810 E. Skelly Dr. Ste. 801 – Tulsa, OK, 74135, by 1/7//2013
These KMYZ-FM “Pigskin Pick ‘Em” Rules are in addition to the KMYZ-FM General Contest Rules listed below:
General Contest Rules
Last Updated 9/3/12
Shamrock Communications General Contest and Promotion Rules Eligibility: